Tenure and Promotion Advisory Committee (TPAC)
Beginning in fall 2017, the President's Advisory Committee (PAC) is being replaced by the Tenure and Promotion Advisory Committee (TPAC).
- Download the Guidelines for the Operation of the Tenure and Promotion Advisory Committee (PDF)
TPAC ensures broad representaton of academic areas through inclusion of:
- 8 school-based members elected by each school's faculty
- 4 at-large members elected by all tenured faculty, with one each to represent STEM and Health Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Open/Unspecified Area
The committee member term is three years, with one-third of the panel newly elected each year.
In 2017, four current PAC members will transition to TPAC to complete the final year of their elected terms:
- STEM and Health Sciences at-large
In spring 2017, 8 new TPAC members will be elected.
Four will have two-year terms:
- Unspecified at-large
Four will have three-year terms:
- Arts and Humanities at-large
- Social and Behavioral Sciences at-large
Beginning in 2018, all new members will be elected for three-year terms.